David Hunter: Fed Will Be Caught Between Inflation and Market Crash
Tom welcomes back experienced investment professional David Hunter of Contrarian Macro Advisors.
Talking Points From This Episode
- Semiconductor market and dependency on tech.
- Parabolic melt-up into a secular top followed by an 80% bear market
- Second wind in housing possible.
- Global deflationary bust followed by an inflationary recovery cycle
- Dollar weakness now followed by big dollar rally during the bust
- Gold & silver emerging from consolidations with big upside directly ahead
- Oil predictions and tight supply after the bust.
Time Stamp References:
0:00 – Introduction
0:40 – Semiconductors
4:15 – Melt Up Analysis
6:21 – Top Pattern?
9:25 – High-Risk Economy
12:36 – Save Haven Assets?
15:00 – Dollar Outlook
17:00 – PM’s During The Bust
18:20 – Inflation To Accelerate
22:13 – Spoofing/Manipulation
26:42 – Inflation Narratives
30:06 – Fed Maintain Control?
34:02 – Oil Predictions & ESG
40:57 – Industrial Recovery
43:36 – Metals & Mining Targets
46:33 – Wrap Up
David is Chief Macro Strategist with Contrarian Macro Advisors. He is an investment professional with 25 years of investment management experience and 21 years as a sell-side strategist with robust macroeconomic analysis and portfolio management expertise. His strong macro capabilities, combined with a contrarian philosophy, have allowed him to forecast economic cycles and spot market trends well ahead of the consensus. Intellectually honest, independent thinker comfortable with charting a course apart from the crowd.