Ronald-Peter Stöferle: Monetary Tectonics and The Austrian School of Economics
First there is monetary inflation, then there is asset price inflation, and the final stage will be consumer price inflation. That is according to Ronni Stöferle, publisher of the In Gold We Trust Report and author of the new book, Austrian School of Investors.
Ronald-Peter Stoeferle is a Chartered Market Technician (CMT) and a Certified Financial Technician (CFTe). In 2006 he began writing reports on gold and gained media attention when he expected the price of gold to rise to USD 2,300/ounce when the current price was only at USD 500. His six benchmark reports called “In GOLD we TRUST” drew international coverage on CNBC, Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal, Economist and the Financial Times. He was awarded “2nd most accurate gold analyst” by Bloomberg in 2011.
Talking points from this week’s interview –
• Why is the Austrian School of Economics relevant today?
• What is monetary tectonics?
• How inflation migrates from a monetary nature to asset prices and ultimately to consumer prices?
• Will we experience hyperinflation?
• Does the FED have control?